About the Academy of Arts and Academics
Our Vision: Every graduate empowered to create, innovate, collaborate, think deeply, and succeed.
Known as “A3”, the Academy of Arts and Academics began as a magnet and alternative four-year high school that offered opportunities for students to experience quality instruction, high expectations for personal achievement, and a real community in which to learn and grow.
A3 features a strong academic program as well as a focus on visual and performing arts. Located in the heart of Springfield, A3 enjoys partnerships with local cultural organizations and students have access to the resources of the Wildish Community Theatre, the Emerald Arts Gallery and the Springfield Public Library.
The Academy of Arts and Academics:
- Is an arts-integrated, project based learning community. Students integrate their skills and interests into all curriculum areas.
- Focuses on interpersonal skills and is highly interactive. A3 students work in groups, and learn to give and receive feedback.
- Has high expectations of its students. These expectations are fostered through engaging course work and collaborative commitments.
- Uses a flexible schedule. A student’s day includes more personalized interaction with faculty.
- Builds community among its members. Students, faculty, parents, and community partners share responsibility to create and sustain a safe, ethical, and focused place to learn.
- Encourages faculty collaboration to develop courses that combine student interest with other disciplines.
- Integrates current technology into the learning environment and provides important educational tools.